[Multimedia] MIDI programming on XE-5

This is the forum for miscellaneous technical/programming questions.

Moderator: 2ffat

[Multimedia] MIDI programming on XE-5

Postby tutu10 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:14 am

I've been programming MIDI on Visual Studio for years, and would like to move to C++ builder for programming convenience. Can anyone please point me to something that shows me how to add the multimedia library to my projects? The help system seems to have no information other than the standard MSDN content, which (a) I'm already well familiar with, and (b) fails to address specifics of setting up with the C++ builder platform. Thanks!
tutu10

Re: [Multimedia] MIDI programming on XE-5

Postby HsiaLin » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:23 pm

This is a simple midi organ player i found on the net.
Attachments
midi-2011.zip
(40.48 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
HsiaLin
BCBJ Master
BCBJ Master

Re: [Multimedia] MIDI programming on XE-5

Postby rlebeau » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:11 pm

tutu10 wrote:I've been programming MIDI on Visual Studio for years, and would like to move to C++ builder for programming convenience. Can anyone please point me to something that shows me how to add the multimedia library to my projects?

What is the actual problem you are having? The full Win32 API is available to C++Builder projects. Just use the same API code you use in Visual Studio. The API documentation is compiler-agnostic. Simply #include the relevant header file(s) in your code, and add the relevant .lib file(s) to your project (or use a #pragma statement to link to the .lib file(s) in code).
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Lebeau Software
rlebeau
BCBJ Author
BCBJ Author

Return to Technical