Installation

This is the forum for miscellaneous technical/programming questions.

Moderator: 2ffat

Arek

Installation

Post by Arek »

I have downloaded Builder C++ community edition two or three times, and every time, after the installation was completed, I started the program, wanted to create the new project and only Delphi options were possible. No option for C++ was visible, or possible to chose. I have explicitly downloaded C++.
As I mentioned, I have repeated the process a couple of times, installing and the uninstalling the program. I was thinking, that the C++ part can be activated from within the Builder, but I couldn't' find where.
rlebeau
BCBJ Author
BCBJ Author

Re: Installation

Post by rlebeau »

Arek wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:05 pm I have downloaded Builder C++ community edition two or three times, and every time, after the installation was completed, I started the program, wanted to create the new project and only Delphi options were possible. No option for C++ was visible, or possible to chose. I have explicitly downloaded C++.
Are you ABSOLUTELY SURE? Because it does sound like you downloaded the Delphi CE and not the C++Builder CE.
Arek wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:05 pm As I mentioned, I have repeated the process a couple of times, installing and the uninstalling the program.
During the install, does it specifically state C++ anywhere? During startup, what does the splash screen say (I don't have any CE installed, so I don't know what it looks like).
Arek wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:05 pm I was thinking, that the C++ part can be activated from within the Builder, but I couldn't' find where.
Delphi CE and C++Builder CE are completely separate products. They don't co-exist. There are no Delphi options in the C++Builder CE, and vice versa.
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Lebeau Software