September 2005 Developer's Poll

Use this forum for polls.

September 2005 Developer's Poll

Postby Damon » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:51 pm

[The September 2005 Developer's Poll is now closed. Thanks to all who voted.]

Thanks in advance for your votes!

Cheers,
Damon
Last edited by Damon on Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Damon Chandler
Editor-in-Chief
C++Builder Developer's Journal
http://bcbjournal.com
Damon
BCBJ Editor and Admin
BCBJ Editor and Admin

Demo code

Postby pedand » Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:53 am

In general, demo code should be as short and concise as possible since it's purpose is to illustrate a function or effect. It should never be a full-blown application unless this is the purpose of the article. So the reply is make the code simpler and shorter where possible but make sure it is intelligible and usable. At present, BCBDJ has a good mix of complex and simple code to serve users of various experiences and interests.

One way of improving the usability of the demo code would be to supply the demos as ready-to-run exe files (stand alone applications) also. This would make it easier and faster to get an idea of what the code does. Make these exe files separate from the other code (separately downlodable) so you can skip them if you are on a slow Internet link.

Regards,
Anders
pedand

Demo code

Postby Barrie » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:13 pm

I answered "other" because depending on MY experience, the demos are usually great, but when I have no idea about the subject I often need more explanation.
Barrie

Postby Damon » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:41 am

Anders & Barrie--thanks for the comments. I really like the idea of having ready-to-run exe files, and perhaps I'll plan to include README-type files as well. (Hope to have this integrated within the next few months.)

Thanks,
Damon
Damon Chandler
Editor-in-Chief
C++Builder Developer's Journal
http://bcbjournal.com
Damon
BCBJ Editor and Admin
BCBJ Editor and Admin

Return to Polls