new look

This is the forum for general discussion.

Moderator: 2ffat

new look

Postby chip » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:17 pm

I just wanted to say that I am very impressed with the new look of both the website and the Journal. Over the last few months, I have been dismayed at the disappearance of websites devoted to C++ Builder, and I am very glad to hear about the new emphasis on the user community. Hopefully, the Journal will be a productive and useful resource for all of us. Good luck!
chip

I Agree

Postby 2ffat » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:13 am

It's a shame so many good BCB sites have disappeared. Bytamin-C had some very good articles, BCBDev almost disappeared, BCBCAQ was hard to get to (I'm glad it's being hosted here, BTW), etc. etc.. There only a few sites left. I like the new layout of both the site and the mag. Keep up the good work.
James P. Cottingham

Look at me still talking
when there is science to do.
2ffat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Postby Damon » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:48 am

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the new layout. :)

I'm not sure what happened to Bytamin-C; Scott (the owner) was gracious enough to host BCBCAQ for me, but then without notice, the whole domain went down. And, just recently, their forums disappeared as well. The problem with BCB sites, at least for BCBCAQ, is that it takes an enourmous amount of time to maintain and it's hard to find content. (The Journal is OK because we pay our writers for articles. Interested in writing? :D )

Damon
Damon
BCBJ Editor and Admin
BCBJ Editor and Admin

Re: new look

Postby pedand » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:48 am

I agree, this looks promising. Let's hope people having access and rights to the material on those old and closed sites are willing to contribute usable parts from their webs to this site so that it soon becomes the natural place to go to find BCB info. The way BCBCAQ has been made available here is an example of what I mean.

Also, I would like to see a page of collected links to other BCB related sites. This would increase the benefit and usability of this site.

Good Luck
/Anders
pedand

:)

Postby Pablo A Castillo » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:31 pm

Congratulations for this look, is very nice! :wink:
Pablo A Castillo

Postby IonMan » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:16 am

Hello fellow C++ Builder dudes. My name is Ian (thus Ion Man). I have been an Analyst programmer for nearly 20 years. Not so long ago I became interested in C++ Builder. And I love it (and I suppose I must love Delphi by default) and have been using now for about 4 years. Oh, yes, and this is the first time I've ever bothered with on-line forums and such-like. So I'll be chuffed (that's an Aussie expression for rapt (hey, is that an Aussie expression too?))

So. Can I help?

I can never seem to find enough technical stuff on the Web for my needs, so lets see how this goes.

Talk to somebody soon! : :D
IonMan

Return to General